The Centre consists of the following; isotope hydrology laboratory; inorganic analytical laboratory; radiochemistry and nuclear analytical laboratory; organic residue analysis laboratory. These laboratories are established to support research in the following thematic areas;
1. Water resources assessment
2. Nuclear and Radiochemical studies
3. Environmental monitoring
Major activities of the centre include:
1. Assessment of groundwater and surface water resources using hydrological and isotopic techniques aimed at mapping out the aquifers of the country.
2. National hydrological assessment programme aimed at establishing monitoring stations and local meteoric water lines for the various vegetative zones in Ghana.
3. Research in areas such as heavy metal presence in environmental and biological media.
4. Monitoring of residues of organic pollutants in environmental and biological media
5. Provide training of laboratory staff and students of tertiary institutions on good laboratory